Hong Kong,China/Taiwan,China/Mainland (all locations),
OTHEREmployees can work remotely
Company DescriptionDo you love animals? Do you love using social media? More importantly – do you love using social media to make the world a better place for animals? Then this may be the job for you!
Put your social media management skills and your creative, success-driven personality to use in a flexible role that does great good for the world. Want to set your own hours and work from home with the opportunity to make an outsized impact on sustainability, food systems and animal welfare? This is a job for a self-directed high-achiever who possesses both exceptional communication skills as well as experience managing social media accounts for businesses, with great opportunities for career development and performance bonuses.
Lever Foundation is a fast-growing United States-domiciled and Asia-focused non-profit corporation. Lever is a public charity that thinks like a business and strives for rapid growth, expansion into new business/program units, and achievement of key bottom-line goals. We work with some of the world’s largest food companies to improve their sustainability and animal welfare policies, and we make early stage venture capital investments into food technology companies as part of a boarder program to advance the alternative protein and plant-based foods sectors. Lever Foundation’s work is focused primarily on creating progress in these areas in Asia, with team members spread across Asia, Europe and the Americas. A high-level overview of the company is online at: https://www.leverfoundation.org .
Lever Foundation believes in an innovative way of working, where colleagues all over the world work on their own time according to their own schedule. All of our staff work remotely across different time zones, so flexibility to work outside of traditional working hours would be required.
Job DescriptionWe are currently looking for a new Social Media Manager to join our team, who will be in charge of running multiple social media accounts on platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, and potentially for Chinese social media platforms such as Weibo, Wechat, Bilibili, QQ etc.
This would include regular weekly posts on social media platforms both for smaller updates and larger commitments/campaign wins/news releases etc. Content would mainly include new company developments and other effectively media formats to promote awareness about improving animal welfare, food safety and sustainability.
The Social Media Manager will work with other colleagues to brainstorm new ways to increase Lever Foundation’s online presence and regional/global reach, focusing mainly on developments in our Asia portfolio. Other work including helping with our online blogs and Lever Foundation’s official website may also be part of the job role.
This role will be based in China, although candidates outside of these regions who are still based in Southeast Asia will be considered as long as they are fluent in Chinese.
- Fluency in both English and Chinese (both simplified and traditional in written form)
- Previous experience managing professional social media accounts
- Passion for promoting animal welfare, food security and sustainability issues
- Excellent communication and written skills, pertaining to attracting a large audience or followers and releasing short and catchy posts
- Commitment to staying up-to-date on what is happening in the company
- Enthusiasm for promoting our work to a larger range of audiences, and dedication to post high-quality content and photos
- Flexibility to working outside traditional working hours and collaborate with social media and marketing colleagues in different time zones
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines efficiently
- Open-minded and positive attitude, team-player, respectful of the diversity of the team and a desire to help move the world for animals
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization, marketing, digital communications Google/Baidu Analytics, social media trafficking and tracking, inbound and outbound links/hyperlinks etc. would be desirable
- Knowledge of other Southeast Asian languages e.g. Filipino/Thai/Indonesian/Malay etc. would be a bonus but not a must
Please share your resume if you are interested.
Additional InformationWe welcome your application, and we are happy to connect to share additional information on the role or organization as needed.